The Strength of Bluffing
Everyone knows what a bluff is. It means pretending to have something of strength and using it against another to win. In most card games, the bluff can be a factor that could turn a losing streak into a winning streak. Bluffing has been an integral pat of gambling for if one looks back into human nature and psychology, a person bluffs in order to get something to survive.
Tracing the trait back to primitive man, it is something that is in the blood. It could be said that gambling has been dominant in the blood of some while others have an overflow of it. Some blame society for making gamblers turn to addiction.
How does a bluff work in the games? Usually when a player has a good hand, they would either have a smiling face and act excited. Players who have a not so good hand would do their best to remain calm and try not to look as if thunderstruck. The bluff enters this phase when the players of a bad hand want to trick the others in thinking they actually have a good one. The player then proceeds to increase the bet in the pot to show that they are willing to bet more since they have a good hand.
Players who see this move would think that the player has a better hand than they do and would not bet further and drop their hand. Thus, the player with the bad hand wins! Sometimes the bluff is called. When this happens, the player would lose and so with their bet. If one knows how to bluff properly, one can win in crucial games.
Other tips on the bluff:
1. Players who are excited normally have good hands. Try to bluff them on the next deal of cards.
2. Players who fiddle with their fingers or move their hands erratically are thinking about calling a bluff so one has to be careful if they have bluffed with a weak hand.
3. Players who are reckless in their play may be trying to set other players up into thinking they are not serious players but then turn around to make a good hand win.
4. Keep ones emotions in check. Emotions can betray ones hand so it is best to put on what is called as a "poker " face. With a poker face, one has to make sure nothing can be read from the facial expressions. If one can't seem to handle this, one should other games that are more outgoing like roulette or baccarat.
5. Take it easy. Practice. Playing the bluff takes time and some players spend years perfecting it. One should take the time and effort to do so.
Bluffing can be something strenuous so if the idea of fooling others isn't to ones liking, one has the choice to play other games like slots where one does not need to bluff since one faces off with a machine.